Been working on your physique or trying to get that high lifted seat like we all want? Well I have a little trick for you to help add a little extra zing into your glute exercises.
The Floor Zinger
This exercise will definitely add a little extra to toning your booty. It'll target all aspects of your seat, and also your core while stabilizing yourself in the position.
1. Start on your hands and knees. Keep a slight bend in your elbows. If this hurts your wrists you can make 2 fists instead.
2. Extend one leg out behind you (I'm demoing on my Left). Then slide it out to the side about 6-8 inches.
* you can take the side option to tone your gluteus medius, or keep your leg straight behind you to work more of your gluteus maximus
3. Lift your extended leg to hip height. This will be lower than you think! Keep your glutes gripped and abs drawn up towards your spine to protect your back and help maintain the correct height of your leg.
- small lifts
- small circles
- small squeezes in
* Lifting higher than hip height will put strain on you back.
Extend your opposite arm as leg out in front of you to engage your core even more! Tip, shift your weight into your supporting hand a little more to help balance and stay solid.
The best thing about this is that you can totally do this at home or while traveling. It's no impact at all on your joints, just toning using your own body weight and the control of engaging your muscles.
Give it a try sometime and let me know how it worked for you. If you have any questions at all I don't mind helping ya out, shoot me a message and I'll get back to ya.
Remember to follow me on IG and Subscribe to the blog!